Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday, I'm through with you!

It's a trifecta of gloom today. The date is March 15, the Ides of March we have been warned to be wary of by Shakespeare (& we all know what happened to Caesar when he didn't heed that warning). Some of us have lost an hour due to daylight savings time. Which seems to take a perfectly planned schedule and toss it upside down, leaving it there to struggle like a turtle on it's back. Not to mention that it's Monday, the day that always comes as a shock to the senses after a nice relaxing weekend. As if all of that was not enough, the Connecticut skies have decided to match this ominous date with a bone chilling, wind driven rain.

This vortex of dismality (is that even a word?) has spread through my house. The kids woke up cranky, clothes have mysteriously disappeared (or are stuffed in deep dark crevices), my old laptop is circling the drain while the new one is lost somewhere in shipping land, and that cute little saying, What can go wrong will go wrong, is running around like a 2 year old swinging a pinata stick.

So, what is there to do but plod on, through the dark clouds, around the venomous warnings, over the stereo typical Mondayness. Gently pick up that turtle and set him on his feet again and take a deep breath.

It's going to take more than the fall of a Roman Empire and some storm clouds to stop me, slow me down yes, but it won't stop me ;)

I'm going to look toward sunnier skies, toward kinder days, and leave this one here to sulk by itself.

Who's with me?

Thanks for stopping by and listening to me vent :)

Kristin

Oh look who just showed up. It's my dearest old friend Brutus. He looks like he's having a bad day too.

"Et tu Brutus?" heh heh

1 comment:

  1. Good day to vent. I finally uploaded my book to Lulu and met the "free proof" deadline only to find I need tech support 'cause the free proof isn't working... and the Ides of March... I should've known.

    ReplyDelete