Friday, October 2, 2009

8 Deadly Demons of a Writer...#4 SELF DOUBT

Today's post is a short one, because the battle with the self doubt demon is a personal battle; one we all have to fight alone. Why? Because we created it and only we have control over how strong or weak it's hold is on us.


Self Doubt -lack of confidence in the reliability of one's own motives, personality, thought, etc.*(as defined by Dictionary.com)


Self doubt is a battle that we wage on ourselves. It's that little voice that says, "you can't do that" or "that'll never happen". The only way to fight it is by following those thoughts with encouraging ones. Telling yourself you might be able to, or even better, you CAN do something is very powerful. Instead of saying, "that'll never happen" say "it really could". What's the worst that can come out of it? You don't succeed? Well, you had NO chance of succeeding with a negative attitude, so what's really the harm in failing with a positive attitude. No harm at all :)

Go on, give it a try. I am setting my mini goal for today at 3 chapters of editing on my WIP. What will you do kick your self doubt in the butt? You can do it! I can too!


I hope some of you reading these posts are finding them helpful. Doing them has been such a positive experience for me. With each demon I deal with I feel lighter, more creative. It really has been great.


Thanks and remember, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO! So make sure you set your mind to something positive.


~Kristin : )

2 comments:

  1. It's helpful just knowing someone else is dealing with the same demons. I'm enjoying this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think many deal with these. I am finding it very therapeutic to write about each one. Thanks for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete