Friday, August 7, 2009

Children's Book Review Series: The LadyBug and Me by Michael Soler

The LadyBug and Me by Michael Soler and illustrated by Serge Eisenberg is about a child who meets a special new friend, a LadyBug. This ladybug teaches her that anything is possible when you use your imagination and believe. Before flying away she tells the little girl something every child should know.

"Your life is a gift and has a great story to tell."

The LadyBug and Me is designed for early readers (age 4 - 8) and includes a simple question that can be used to get kids thinking and sharing ideas or even be used as a classroom writing exercise starter for older children. The question is, "What do you believe?

I always love a book that encourages children to use their imagination and reminds them that anything is possible if they believe in themselves. I also love the way the illustrator, Serge Eisenberg combines real photos with his art work. It really helps children make the connection between the worlds of reality and imagination.

More information about The LadyBug and Me by Michael Soler can be found here:





Thanks for stopping by and I hope you and your child enjoy this book. I would love to know what you believe. Leave me a comment. I have left mine below.

I borrowed this from a Whitney Houston song because it fits perfectly with this book and my own belief...

"I believe that children are the future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside."

Kristin : )

No comments:

Post a Comment