Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Monday Again! New Week...New Happenings!

It's Monday again. I haven't taken the time to chat about what's going lately, so here goes.

I've been busy planning some events for the next few months. It is looking like a very exciting Fall for my and my book. Before I share my up coming plans, I know there are some of you who are curious about my movie news. I am too. I haven't heard anything yet, but my fingers are crossed and my hopes are high. If I don't hear anything by October I will look into the progress through email. I will keep you posted. Some more potential movie related good news is I might have my book included in celebrity swag bags for events planned around the Oscar Awards in March.

Yup, you heard right, the OSCARS! A VP of a Media group that specializes in these events found my book and wanted to include it in Swag bags they were giving out at an event for the Primetime Emmy Awards this coming weekend. I had to decline. It was too soon to prepare for and honestly a little expensive, between the cost of books to send and the inclusion fee. I was honest in my response and was contacted again to be included in their events for the Oscar Awards. I am honored and seriously considering doing it. More on this later, now it's on to what's coming soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This past weekend my book went to the Florida Heritage Book Festival with my publisher, BlueWater Press, LLC. (http://www.bluewaterpress.com/)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More copies are going out this week to be included in the Orange County Children's Book Festival in California on October 4, 2009. They will be displayed on the Authors Den booth and featured on their website. The festival is for children but is open to adult books too, which makes sense because who brings the children? The parents, right? More information can be found here:
* If you are a member of Authors Den and want to have your book included contact me and I will send you information and links about this. You need to act fast though. All books must be received by September 30, 2009.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In November I have 2 events planned that I get to travel to with my books. YEAH!! I was starting to get jealous ;)

November 13th: I am participating in a Murder Mystery at Zorvino Vineyards in New Hampshire. I am still getting the details on this, since I just agreed to it this morning. But here's what I've got so far. It sounds like a lot of fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

November 14th: I have a table and will be signing copies of my book at the Somerville Writer's Festival in Somerville, MA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


That's what I've been up to, along with doing some on line interviews and guest posts at other author's blogs. Well that's the promotional stuff anyway. My writing schedule has been just as busy.


I have finished the bulk of my rewrite on my contemporary romance. Painstakingly cut 25 pages of writing. OUCH! It was needed but it hurt to see all those words disappear with one tap of the delete key. It was actually a lot of taps and very little was completely deleted, it was cut and pasted to a new document to be deleted when the story is finished. There was a lot of good stuff that just didn't fit into the rewrite for whatever reason, but some might find it's way back in to the final product. Now I am going back to the beginning to reread and polish.


I am also working on a short story that I am considering submitting to Writer's Digest 'Show Us Your Shorts' contest. It's an idea I've been thinking about for a while and it honors my grandmother, who passed away 5 years ago. She has influenced my life in countless ways, so writing this for her means a lot to me. Whatever the outcome, I will share it with everyone soon.


That about wraps up what I've been up to. Hopefully, I will have more news to share. In the mean time, thanks for stopping by.


Kristin : )

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of news! Best to you as you continue. And hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janna. I knew I've been busy but didn't realize how busy til I wrote that post. You hang in there too with your writing. I'll be stopping by your blog.
    Thanks,
    Kristin :)

    ReplyDelete