Monday, April 27, 2009

Taking A Twittercation

It's Monday again. Another week starts and I feel like I have twittered away too much time recently. Literally Twittered too much. Although it is fun and interesting talking with everyone I have to take a break and get back to writing for a while. Well, at least writing more 140 characters at a time. It's not just Twitter that seems to be getting too much attention lately. The Internet is an excellent marketing and social tool, but it can also take your focus off other things. For me right now that's writing. Spring is quickly crashing into Summer and Summer means I will have even less quiet time in my house to write. I have a lot I want to get done before school gets out and my husband's vacation days come around. That way when I want to enjoy time with my family I won't be feeling like I should be writing.

My main goal is to finish my contemporary romance and get it back out in the mail and finish (or at least make great progress on) the two additional stories I have floating around my head, with the characters stuck where I left them. At the same time I have been thinking about a sequel to The Truth Lies in the Dark, and the story is already forming in my head. Sometimes I swear the characters have a life of their own, or maybe just my imagination does. Either way I have to get busy getting the stories already in progress out to make room for the ones that are starting to take root.

It's not realistic to say that I will not be on line at all while I am working toward these goals, but my time will be more focused on maintaining communication and marketing for my book. I will be checking my emails and occasionally checking in with my Twitter friends, as well as other writing groups. I will be announcing the winner of my Love Your Library contest on Friday May 1st. Good luck to everyone who entered to win a signed copy of The Truth Lies in the Dark and a copy for your favorite public library. If you haven't entered click on the picture of my book to the right of the screen for more details.

As always if anyone has a question or comment I would love to hear from you.

Keep in Touch,
Kristin : )

1 comment:

  1. All the writing, marketing, planning, etc. can be quite intense. I'm working on the marketing aspect right now and...I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete