Friday, December 3, 2010

Review: If I could keep you little...


If I could keep you little...


Those words alone just grabbed the attention of every parent, grandparent, and pretty much anyone who's had their heart captured by the beautiful innocence of a child. Those eyes wide open to the world and looking up at you with all of the trust and love they can muster. Those first wobbly steps and choppy blending of sounds as they begin to give words to their surroundings. These moments remind me of a simpler time, a time of exciting firsts. You know, that magical time before kids learned the words, NO or WHY NOT.


When I was offered the chance to review Marianne Richmond's new book If I could keep you little... I was immediately reminded of those sweet firsts with each of my kids. So, of course I said yes.


I expected to tear up while reading it, which I did, but not for the reasons I thought. Marianne does a great job preserving those milestone memories with her words and her own illustrations. She also helps you recognize that there are more memories to come, and each is as important to our children as those very first moments are to us. That's a great message, because if given the actual choice, we would not want to hold our children back from becoming the strong, independent, and hopefully happy people they are meant to be.


I love this book and think it would make an excellent addition to any family's library. But don't just take my word for it. Here's what other reviewers are saying...




Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.


Kristin :)


* If I Could Keep You Little... by Marianne Richmond was published in November, 2010 by Sourcebooks. This copy was given to me by a publicist to be considered for review. No payments or promises of positive reviews were exchanged. My review is my own opinion of the book.

1 comment:

  1. With my granddaughter just turned 13 and a full inch taller than my daughter, I'm desperately wanting to have the six-year-old little girl back. And yet, I am excited for what she has ahead of her. Thanks for the review, Kristin.

    ReplyDelete